Yoga has provided numerous health benefits for centuries. Using the best wrist support for yoga helps when executing poses and can prevent wrist injury. Stabilizing the wrist allows the body to reap the health benefits of yoga practice. Ready to get on the mat? Read on to learn my favorite picks for wrist supports.
Best Wrist Support for Yoga - Top 11
|1. Strength Wrist Wraps||WOD Wear||BEST PRICE|
|2. Wrist Wraps||Rip Toned||BEST PRICE|
|3. Bamboo Compression Wrist Wraps||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|4. Deluxe Wrist Wraps||Grip Power Pads||BEST PRICE|
|5. Exercise Gloves with Wrist Support||Kasp||BEST PRICE|
|6. Premium Gel Wrist Support Braces||Excelyfe||BEST PRICE|
|7. Band Wrist Wraps||Bear Grips||BEST PRICE|
|8. Adjustable Athletic Wrist Wraps||JunoSports||BEST PRICE|
|9. Air Flow Wrist And Thumb Support||Neo-G||BEST PRICE|
|10. Weightlifting Wrist Wraps||Bykottos||BEST PRICE|
|11. Adjustable Wrist Support||BraceUp||BEST PRICE|
1. Strength Wrist Wraps by WOD Wear
Consumers looking for wrist support braces for yoga that do not sacrifice style and comfort will like this choice. These wrist wraps are versatile enough to be used for yoga, weightlifting, and cross training, and come in a variety of colors. Savvy consumers can take advantage of bundled discounts when purchasing more than one pair.
- Double layer cotton construction with reinforced stitching
- Machine washable and preshrunk for solid fit
- Work well as a brace for other sports, too
- The wrist tie can be awkward
2. Wrist Wraps by Rip Toned
When you’re passionate about fitness, the dedicated yogi might be looking for a set of wrist wraps that are heavy-duty, come with a lifetime guarantee, and have reinforced stitching. These wrist wraps are used by professionals of various disciplines, including powerlifting, MMA, and yoga. Outfitted with double-wide Velcro straps, these wrist wraps are designed for comfort, optimum fit, and stability of the wrist.
- Wraps have been endorsed by a world champion athletes
- Money-back guarantee
- Reinforced stitching and dual Velcro straps for tight fit
- Wraps are stiff and need a breaking-in period
3. Bamboo Compression Wrist Wraps by Vive
These wraps come with a 60-day warranty for customer satisfaction, and are made with soft fabric that offers gentle compression and stability, and is antimicrobial. These wrist wraps are machine washable and keep users comfortable at varying temperatures, including hot yoga class.
- Unique material keeps bacteria and odors at bay between washings
- Offers mild compression
- Sizing issues for some
4. Deluxe Wrist Wraps by Grip Power Pads
Yogis in search of a heavy-duty wrist brace for yoga just found their match. This wrist wrap features extendable closures for stabilization and breathable cotton fabric with reinforced stitching that can withstand downward dogs, weight lifting, and other activities.
- Built with thumb loops and closure for added stability and support
- Machine washable
- Made with breathable cotton fabric
- Bulky design
5. Exercise Gloves with Wrist Support by Kasp
Most competitors offer wrist support gloves with limited thumb support, but this set of gloves is stretchy, lightweight, and uniquely supports the thumb joint. These gloves protect the wrists and also offer palm support. The Velcro straps allow you to adjust the level of compression you need on-the-go .
- Allows for free movement of fingers
- Stretchy lightweight fabric
- Built to stabilize wrists, thumbs, and palms
- Velcro closures degrade over time
6. Premium Gel Wrist Support Braces by Excelyfe
These wrist support braces for yoga also work for other sporting activities. These temperature-regulating gloves are waterproof and can be worn while swimming, doing dishes, weightlifting or performing other tasks. These unique wrist wraps for yoga provide firm support for wrists and thumbs. These futuristic-looking wrist supports are lightweight and come with a 100% money back guarantee.
- Skin tone in color
- Unisex design fits most women and men comfortably
- Offers firm support to wrists and thumbs
- Can irritate the palm area
7. Band Wrist Wraps by Bear Grips
Unlike most wrist wraps for yoga that come in one-size-fits-all form, these wrist wraps offer a range of sizes for a better fit. A 60-day warranty is available for these wraps. These wrist wraps have a thumb loop for added stabilization and Velcro closures and elastic material for a tight fit.
- Comes with 60-day warranty
- Versatile wrist wraps can be used for a variety of sports
- Accurate sizing
- Problems with integrity of Velcro stitching after prolonged use
8. Adjustable Athletic Wrist Wraps by JunoSports
When seeking a moderate amount of compression and stabilization of the wrist, these wraps are perfect. Designed with neoprene for lightness and durability, these wrist wraps keep moisture at bay and are ideal for long yoga or exercise sessions.
- Adjustable fit via Velcro closures
- Offers stability, compression, and comfort
- Wicks moisture away from skin
- Not enough compression for those suffering from carpal tunnel
9. Air Flow Wrist And Thumb Support by Neo-G
Perfect for sprains, strains, weak wrists, and yoga practice, this medical-grade wrist brace offers a substantial amount of support and compression. Slimline and lightweight, this wrap wicks away moisture and sweat during exercise and activity, and feels comfortable all day long. This wrap is suitable for sporting activities or occupational rehabilitation.
- Registered with the FDA as a medical device
- Lightweight unisex design
- Offers medical-grade compression and support
- Runs small
10. Weightlifting Wrist Wraps by Bykottos
This wrist support for yoga is perfect for both men and women. Built an extra-long 18.5′ in length, this wrap accommodates people of all sizes. Made with reinforced Velcro straps and breathable fabric, these feel as good as they look. These wrist supports are a good fit for yoga, Crossfit, weightlifting and other activities.
- Unisex design
- Versatile enough for yoga, weightlifting, strength training, and rehabilitation
- Wraps designed extra-long to fit comfortably
- Limited color and style options
11. Adjustable Wrist Support by BraceUp
Reducing bacteria, moisture, and irritation are all critical when purchasing a wrist support brace for yoga. When engaging in a hot yoga session, it’s nice to know that your wrist support will stay put, but is also designed to be hygienic and durable. These wrist support braces have plenty of room for the thumb, are comfortable to wear, easy to put on and take off, and offer excellent stabilization.
- Antimicrobial lining reduces bacteria growth and odors
- Durable neoprene construction
- May lose stiffness over time
Supportive Features of Wrist Wraps
A number of conditions can lead to wrist pain, including carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, sprains, and strains. Wrist support braces help to reduce pressure on the wrists and offer mild compression that can:
- Tame symptoms and ease pain
- Stabilize weak joints and muscles
- Prevent injury and further damage
TIP: Creams for arthritis can help to alleviate aches and pains in addition to wearing a wrist support for yoga.
The Best Wrist Support Brace for Yoga Alleviates Wrist Problems
Pain and tension in the wrist can strike at any moment. When engaging in repetitive movements, a wrist brace or wrap offers much-needed support. Choosing to stabilize the wrist occasionally with medical implements, and using wrist strengthening exercises can help alleviate these pains and problems. It is essential to keep wrists healthy, give the joints time to heal, and be proactive.
Wrists Need Occasional Exercise to Combat Stress and Tension
The human body is a fantastic piece of machinery that’s capable of doing much. Even so, it needs a break from time to time, and that includes your wrist joints. Finger stretches, gentle exercises for the wrist, and using grip strengtheners can all help relieve stress and tension in your joints and muscles and keep your wrists in tip-top shape.
Enhance Your Yoga Practice With the Best Wrist Brace for Yoga
Yoga provides relaxation and healing of the body’s muscles and joints. A wrist support for yoga can reduce pain or tension in fatigued wrists. Many yoga positions utilize the wrists and forearms to execute poses that support circulation, build strength, and increase flexibility. A quality form of wrist support stabilizes the wrists, making yoga more enjoyable to practice.