As we age, the likelihood of experiencing the symptoms of heartburn, GERD, and other digestive conditions increases, making wedge pillows for acid reflux a must. Whether your condition is caused by diet, medications, a hernia, or another factor, wedge pillows address the problem by keeping stomach acids from flowing into the esophagus. I’ve looked for the best wedge pillows for GERD, to provide relief to those having trouble resting comfortably.
Best Wedge Pillows For Acid Reflux - Top 11
|1. Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow||MedSlant||BEST PRICE|
|2. Memory Foam Wedge Pillow||AERIS||BEST PRICE|
|3. Back Wedge Acid Reflux Pillow||Avana||BEST PRICE|
|4. Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow||MedSlant||BEST PRICE|
|5. Advanced Positioning Wedge Pillow||MedCline||BEST PRICE|
|6. Your Mattress Elevation Solution||Wellness Wedge||BEST PRICE|
|7. Foam Bed Wedge Bamboo Pillow||Relax Home Life||BEST PRICE|
|8. Foam Wedge Bed Pillow||InteVision||BEST PRICE|
|9. Pfeiffer Therapeutic Gel Foam Wedge Pill..||Brentwood Home||BEST PRICE|
|10. Medical Folding Bed Wedge||Drive Medical||BEST PRICE|
|11. DMI Foam Bed Wedge Pillow||Mabis||BEST PRICE|
1. Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow by MedSlant
This 30-inch wedge pillow relieves GERD symptoms by elevating your upper body, making it easier to breathe. The width of the pillow gives you lots of room throughout the night, while the memory foam base adjusts to your shape. The stain-resistant cover comes off easily, so you can throw it right into the machine for easy cleaning.
- Holds its shape after washing
- Soft micro-fiber cover
- May get bent out shape during shipment
2. Memory Foam Wedge Pillow by AERIS
This foam pillow’s gentle curves help relieve issues with blood pressure, acid reflux, and poor circulation, and a memory foam construction conforms to your shape while sleeping. It features a machine-washable bamboo cover that is built to last, which means you’ll never have to worry about replacing it. Let it assist you during exercise, while watching TV, or reading in bed.
- Internal cover for memory foam base
- Lovely quilted pattern on exterior
- Comes with a lifetime replacement guarantee
- May be too firm for some
3. Back Wedge Acid Reflux Pillow by Avana
The unique white bamboo and camel-colored suede design of this wedge pillow will be sure to give your bedroom a touch of class. The material properly aligns your head, torso, and shoulders, giving you a better night’s sleep while the inner memory foam carefully follows the specific shape of your body. It keeps you supported in the right areas, while staying attractive.
- Eye-catching appearance
- Relieves heartburn, chest congestion, and helps with snoring
- Available in two different heights
- May need to be aired out to remove manufacturing smell
4. Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow by MedSlant
Take this portable wedge pillow with you on your next trip to turn any bed into a comfortable sleep experience. The eco-friendly foam construction never sags, keeping your head and torso elevated. The easy-to-remove fitted sheet holds its shape after multiple washings and a zippered folding cover lets you keep your pillow fresh and ready for use at any time.
- Hypo-allergenic foam great for those with allergy issues
- Lasts up to seven years
- Some might not find the textured surface comfortable
5. Advanced Positioning Wedge Pillow by MedCline
This wedge pillow’s unique design ensures that your entire torso remains properly elevated through the night. The distinctive arm pocket performs two different functions, relieving pressure on your neck while keeping you from sliding down on your pillow while you sleep. It combines four different types of foam to give you the best support possible.
- Machine-washable cover
- Approved by clinical trials
- Made without harmful chemicals
- Not suited for smaller people
6. Your Mattress Elevation Solution by Wellness Wedge
Turn your bed into the elevated solution you need by sliding these wedges underneath your favorite mattress. Give yourself up to six additional inches of elevation, providing relief from heartburn or acid reflux symptoms. If you need more lift, purchase more than one and stack them until you get the desired height.
- Built from 100% recyclable materials
- No covers to keep clean
- Can be placed side by side to lift both sides of the mattress
- Not made to rest the body on directly
7. Foam Bed Wedge Bamboo Pillow by Relax Home Life
The unique two-layer foam construction helps you find relief from issues including GERD, postnasal drip, coughing, and snoring. The breathable bamboo cover resists dust mites, helping to prevent aggravation of any allergy issues. Sleepers of all types—stomach, side, or back—will find nighttime relief by using this wedge.
- Keeps you cool as you rest
- 100% lifetime warranty
- Comfortable rayon surface
- Some may have issues with sliding down on pillow
8. Foam Wedge Bed Pillow by InteVision
This pillow is a great option for those needing a product to help with both GERD and circulatory problems. The two-layer foam construction keeps airways open for better breathing support. The gently sloped design helps keep acid reflux symptoms under control. It features built-in air channels between the two layers of foam, enhancing the air circulation throughout the pillow.
- Optional 400 thread count pillow cover available
- Provides leg relief as well
- Stabilizes trunk when lying on your side
- Not flame-resistant
9. Pfeiffer Therapeutic Gel Foam Wedge Pillow by Brentwood Home
Receive customized comfort thanks to the unique layer of gel-infused memory foam design of this wedge pillow. Use it on the floor or the bed to give every curve of your body support while you rest or watch TV. This is a great option for those seeking a pillow for acid reflux relief. It comes with a comfortable, stretchable knit cover that washes easily in your machine.
- Features memory foam infused with gel
- Cover comes off easily
- Use it on the floor or in bed
- Some find it harder than they would like
10. Medical Folding Bed Wedge by Drive Medical
This foam wedge keeps your torso lifted while supporting your neck. Use it night to relieve your GERD symptoms, then fold it away during the day. It also helps those with breathing, snoring, or circulatory issues. It comes with a carrying case, meaning that you can pack it and take it with you on vacation.
- Convenient removable cover
- Gradual sloping design
- Helps with back and neck pain
- Not for those wanting a softer option
11. DMI Foam Bed Wedge Pillow by Mabis
This foam wedge keeps your snoring issues under control as it alleviates your acid reflux issues. It keeps its shape for a long period of time, providing you with unmatched durability. Use it to keep your legs supported when you’re experiencing problems in the lower half of your body.
- Attractive blue machine-washable cover
- Gradual sloping design keeps you comfortable
- Helps you get a good night’s sleep
- Not hypoallergenic
The intensity of GERD symptoms can leave you doubled over in pain, to the point where you would want access to a medical alert system to get help as soon as possible. Left untreated, GERD leads to multiple health issues, including:
- Esophageal scarring
- Weakened teeth
- An elevated risk of developing esophageal cancer
Choosing the Right Wedge Pillow
With so many options, it’s hard to know which wedge pillow to choose. Here are some tips on how to narrow down your options.
Look for the Right Elevation
If you plan on pairing with a quality overbed table make sure to take your pillow’s height into consideration. You want to be high enough to control acid reflux, but not so high that you’re unable to rest.
Think About your Back
Most wedge pillows pull double-duty by providing a great way to keep your legs elevated. This helps keep blood flowing throughout your body and relieves pressure points on the body. Keep your back pain and reflux issues under control with one product.
If you have allergy issues, make sure that the materials in your wedge pillow are hypoallergenic. You don’t want a product that causes skin irritation or other respiratory issues.
Find Relief with a Wedge Pillow for Acid Reflux
Don’t continue suffering through the night just because you regularly experience the symptoms of GERD. Take the time to check out all of the available options that can help. Find the right wedge pillow for yourself and keep your stomach acids where they belong.