A medical alert ID is one piece of jewelry that can save your life. On it, you can list medical conditions, drug allergies, emergency contacts, and other crucial information. In a life or death situation, this information is key to help responders take care of you. We’ve rounded up some of the best medical alert bracelets and necklaces to help you make an informed decision. It’s important to choose a product that fits your needs and lifestyle. Remember, medical IDs only work if you actually wear them. So check out the products below and choose one you can sport proudly and with the knowledge that you’ve taken safety into your own hands.
Best Medical Alert Bracelets and Necklaces - Top 9
|1. Waterproof Silicone Medical Alert ID Bra..||Universal Medical Data||BEST PRICE|
|2. Medical Alert Necklace||MyIDDr USA||BEST PRICE|
|3. Stainless Steel Medical Alert ID Bangle||VNOX||BEST PRICE|
|4. Medical Alert Bracelet||Road ID||BEST PRICE|
|5. Surgical Steel Chain Medical Alert ID Br..||Mealguet Jewelry||BEST PRICE|
|6. Stainless Steel Medical Alert ID Stretch..||Mealguet Jewelry||BEST PRICE|
|7. Silicone Sport Medical Alert ID Bracelet||Universal Medical Data||BEST PRICE|
|8. Medical Alert ID Brushed Stainless Steel..||Universal Medical Data||BEST PRICE|
|9. Adjustable Medical Bracelet||Vital ID||BEST PRICE|
1. Waterproof Silicone Medical Alert ID
Topping our list, this medical alert ID bracelet is for the person who wants a little something extra. The bracelet is made of silicone, so it’s completely waterproof, and it includes a 2G USB drive that slips right into the band—perfect for keeping all your medical information on you at all times. For someone who has too many medical issues to fit on an engraved plate, this is the perfect solution.
- Includes a USB drive to hold all your medical information
- Completely waterproof so the USB won’t be ruined
- Some local EMTs and police have protocols against reading foreign USB drives
2. Medical Alert Necklace by MyIDDr USA
As far as medical alert necklaces go, this one is convenient, stylish, and practical! The chain easily slips over your head, allowing the pendant to hang at mid-sternum. The polished steel looks sleek and stylish and is hypoallergenic. Plus, the black engraved lettering is super easy to read. Oh, and did I mention that engraving is free?
- Free, easy-to-read engraving
- Great style for men and women
- Good size and weight for comfort and convenience
- Higher price point than alternatives (but higher quality materials)
3. Stainless Steel Medical Alert ID Bangle by VNOX
For a medical alert ID bracelet that’s a bit more stylish, try this sleek bangle! The slim design and stainless steel make for a great-looking bracelet. And it will be light and comfortable on your wrist.
- Sleek, modern design
- Made of high-quality stainless steel
- Can be difficult to fasten
4. Medical Alert Bracelet by Road ID
If you have trouble wearing bracelets because of small or big wrists, this is the ID band for you. It’s made of silicone and is completely adjustable. It even fits kids’ wrists, and there’s plenty of extra length in the band. You’ll likely need to cut the extra. It comes in a variety of bright colors, so you’ll be able to show off your style while staying safe with the engraved stainless steel faceplate.
- Made of comfortable, durable silicone
- Adjustable to fit large and small wrists
- Clasp can be difficult to use
5. Surgical Steel Chain Medical Alert ID Bracelet by Mealguet Jewelry
I guarantee this chain medical ID bracelet will look as nice and sophisticated on your wrist as any other bracelet you own. It’s made of stainless steel that’s both resistant to rust and comfortable against your skin. It’s slim, looks great, and has a lifetime warranty. Choose from seven pre-made bracelets—like “blood thinner” or “pacemaker”—or opt for free custom engraving.
- Looks very stylish
- Light and comfortable to wear
- Free engraving
- Engraving may become unreadable after a while
6. Stainless Steel Medical Alert ID Stretch Bracelet by Mealguet Jewelry
When you’re wearing a bracelet all the time, you need it to fit well and be comfortable. This medical alert ID bracelet comes in two different sizes so you can pick the one that will fit perfectly on your wrist. Plus, it stretches, so it will move with you as you go about your day. The unisex design will look great on men and women, and you can engrave on both the front and the back side—if you have a lot of medical information, you’ll be able to fit it all on this bracelet.
- Comes in two sizes for a perfect fit
- Stretches for maximum comfort
- Clear engraving with plenty of space
- May be too small for large wrists
7. Silicone Sport Medical Alert ID Bracelet by Universal Medical Data
If you’re an active person, you know how frustrating it is to have uncomfortable medical ID bracelets on your wrist while you’re trying to live your life. You won’t have that problem with this silicone sport bracelet! It’s waterproof, stays in place, and is easy to size. Just adjust the clasp and cut off the extra. Plus it comes in eight different colors to suit your style.
- Waterproof, stay-put silicone for an active lifestyle
- Comfortable and easy to size for any wrist
- Free engraving and a free emergency medical card with unlimited updates and replacements
- Band could break after lots of wear
8. Medical Alert ID Brushed Stainless Steel Dog Tag by Universal Medical Data
For someone who needs more space to list their medical information, medical ID tags are a great way to go. It’s versatile, and there is plenty of room to include your identifying information, allergies, medical conditions, and anything else responders should know. These dog tags include a 27-inch chain, and they’re brushed stainless steel for a classic look that provides a great background for the engraving—which is actually cut into the metal.
- Plenty of room for information—nine lines on front and back
- Made of durable, high-quality stainless steel
- Free engraving that’s actually cut into the tag
- Finish may wear off the chain
9. Adjustable Medical Bracelet by Vital ID
This ID bracelet eliminates the fuss—it’s simple and convenient so you spend less time worrying about your medical ID bracelet and more time living your life! It uses Velcro to adjust to any wrist, and it’s waterproof and life-proof. This thing is tough. Plus, there’s no need for engraving. Simply write your information on the included card, slip it into the slot in the bracelet, and you’re good to go.
- Durable, comfortable, adjustable, and waterproof
- Eliminates the need for engraving
- Available in six colors
- Too small for large wrists
- Writing may rub off the card—let it dry completely
Who Should Wear Medical Alert IDs?
A medical alert ID or alert system for home use can be good ideas for anyone with medical conditions that responders should be aware of in the case of an emergency. But they’re also a good idea for keeping your identifying information and emergency contacts accessible at all times, especially for people who travel. If you frequently travel alone or have any of the following conditions, you may want to consider a medical alert ID bracelet or necklace.
- Alzheimer’s or memory impairment
- Blood thinners
- Cardiac problems, such as angina or a pacemaker
- Diabetes or blood disorders
- Emphysema or breathing disorders
- Food, drug, or insect allergies
- Hearing, sight, or mental impairment
- Pulmonary conditions like asthma or COPD
- Stroke risk
- Surgery, transplant, and cancer patients
- Tourette syndrome
Choosing the Perfect Medical Alert Bracelet or Necklace
When choosing between all the different types of medical alert bracelets and necklaces, you’ll want to consider your lifestyle, what will be most comfortable and practical, and of course, effectiveness.
Bracelet or Necklace
EMTs are trained to check around the wrists and the neck, so the decision between a bracelet and necklace should be based entirely on what you’re most comfortable with. Remember, you should wear your medical alert ID at all times, so pick something you think looks and feels good.
A medical alert ID is only as good as its materials. If the EMT can’t read it, or if it falls apart, it’s not doing you any good in an emergency situation. No matter what type of medical alert ID you choose, make sure it checks these boxes:
- High-quality materials that won’t break or wear
- Good engraving, preferably cut into the metal
- Enough space to list all your information with a large, readable font
- Durable enough for your lifestyle—waterproof silicone if you need it
- Fits so it won’t fall off, especially when considering bracelets
- Strong clasp that won’t break or loosen
Different Medical IDs for Different Days
Everybody is different, so you’ll need to consider your specific lifestyle and how you plan to use your medical alert ID before purchasing. For example, many people choose to purchase different styles for different occasions. Perhaps you’d like to have a nice-looking bracelet (like the crystal bracelet we listed), as well as a sport bracelet. Or maybe you like dog tags, but you want the option of wearing a bracelet sometimes. Don’t feel like you’re tied to one medical alert ID. You can always switch it up!
Save Your Life with Medical Alert Bracelets & Necklaces
Medical alert bracelets and necklaces can be the difference between a life-altering incident and a story to tell later. Keeping your important medical information on you at all times helps EMTs and responders give you the best possible care. With so many different styles to choose from, you can definitely find a medical alert ID that fits your style and life. There’s no reason to go a moment longer without the simple protection this offers. So check out the products we’ve listed, and choose the perfect bracelet or necklace to keep you safe!