Whether you’re ill or just relaxing, laying in bed can be boring–especially if you’re without your laptop or tablet. The good news is that there are a range of laptop desks for bed that can make your bed time the perfect time for work or play. I recommended using one of these products not only because it’s more enjoyable, but comfortable too! Here’s fifteen of the best laptop tables for bed.
Laptop Desks for Bed - Top 15
|1. Aluminium Laptop Desk||Executive Office Solut||BEST PRICE|
|2. LapGear MyDesk||Lap Desk||BEST PRICE|
|3. LapGear XL Laptop Desk||Lap Desk||BEST PRICE|
|4. Adjustable Vented Laptop Table||Furinno||BEST PRICE|
|5. Portable Laptop Table Stand||PWR+||BEST PRICE|
|6. Laptop Lap Desk||Laptop Buddy||BEST PRICE|
|7. Adjustable Vented Laptop Table||iCraze||BEST PRICE|
|8. Adjustable Laptop Table||Avantree||BEST PRICE|
|9. Multi-Tasking Laptop Bed Tray||Sofia + Sam||BEST PRICE|
|10. Bamboo Laptop Desk||SONGMICS||BEST PRICE|
|11. Adjustable Foldable Laptop Desk||by Readaeer||BEST PRICE|
|12. Foldable Adjustable Laptop Stand||Kings Brand Furniture||BEST PRICE|
|13. Adjustable Laptop Table||Designstyles||BEST PRICE|
|14. Laptop Table for Bed||SUPERJARE||BEST PRICE|
|15. Multi-Functional Portable Laptop Table||iMounTEK||BEST PRICE|
1. Aluminium Laptop Desk by Executive Office Solutions
This lightweight laptop tray for bed rotates a full 360 degrees and locks in place for maximum comfort while you work or watch your favorite show. The tray is aluminum and helps keep your device cool with built-in USB-powered fans. The laptop desk can also be used to hold a book or to enjoy breakfast in bed.
- Mouse pad can be used on either side
- Fits most devices with room to spare
- Folds and adjusts to preferred position
- Takes time to learn how to adjust properly
2. LapGear MyDesk by Lap Desk
This laptop desk makes use of microbead cushions that conform to your legs, comfortably holding it in place while you’re in bed or sitting down. An air channel helps combat the build-up of warmth and two built-in compartments hold items such as your phone or pen. The laptop tray can fit laptops of up to 15.6 inches.
- Air channel prevents legs from getting uncomfortably warm
- Not bulky—easy to store
- Wipes down and cleans off easily
- May not tilt back as far as you prefer
3. LapGear XL Laptop Desk by Lap Desk
This laptop desk offers a full setup, all from the comfort of your bed! With ambidextrous mouse pads and a cushioned wrist rest, you won’t have to sacrifice comfort for convenience. Cushions on the bottom of the desk help you find the perfect angle and stimulate airflow so heat doesn’t build up.
- Pockets underneath hold loose accessories and gadgets
- Made of durable plastic
- Microbead cushions are soft against legs
- Wrist rest is too stiff
4. Adjustable Vented Laptop Table by Furinno
This adjustable and collapsible laptop table is made of durable aluminum alloy and weighs only five pounds. The surface is grooved to keep your device or book in place, with ventilation holes to prevent excessive heat build-up. The laptop table collapses for easy storage when you’re not using it, or to help you transport it from room to room.
- Effective at dissipating heat from device
- Attractive and high-tech look
- Joints lock table in place after adjustment
- May be too small for many laptops—better suited for tablets or books
5. Portable Laptop Table Stand by PWR+
An ergonomic design makes this adjustable stand a comfortable computer tray for bed. The desk rotates a full 360 degrees and locks in place at your desired angle, collapsing when it’s finally time to get some shut-eye.
- Included USB-powered fans keep device cool
- No assembly required
- Can double as part of a standing desk setup
- Each leg needs to be adjusted separately
6. Laptop Lap Desk by Laptop Buddy
The main purpose of this laptop table is your comfort. A microbead cushion is covered by soft fleece to contour to your lap. The spacious and water-resistant surface can also be used for anything from reading, eating, or writing. The desk has a convenient pen holder, cup holder, and even an adjustable and removable gooseneck LED light.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Surface holds items securely in place
- Cushion adjusts based on your positioning
- Cup holder isn’t very deep
7. Adjustable Vented Laptop Table by iCraze
This multi-functional laptop table adjusts a full 360 degrees and utilizes a grooved surface to hold your laptop or tablet in place. The aluminum frame collapses for easy storage and supports up to 30 pounds—despite weighing only five itself!
- Fits even larger laptops—with room to spare
- Ledge on edge of the surface keeps device from sliding off
- USB-powered fans run silently and cool effectively
- May wobble
8. Adjustable Laptop Table by Avantree
This light and easy-to-use laptop desk is compatible with laptops of up to seventeen inches in size. Two buttons on each side control the height of the table, while clamps may be used to adjust up to 30 degrees. The desk is made of wood and serves multiple functions, from a TV tray to an iPad tray for bed.
- Versatile and multi-function—space for nearly any purpose
- Surface stays cool
- Lowest height setting may still be too high
9. Multi-Tasking Laptop Bed Tray by Sofia + Sam
This elegant walnut laptop table for bed features eighteen inches of surface for your device. An integrated drawer provides storage space that can fit all of the essentials. The tray top can be adjusted to your desired viewing angle and the legs can be folded for ease of transport and storage.
- Holds a laptop and tablet at the same time
- Slots are great for holding peripherals
- Stylish and attractive
- Depth may not be enough for maximum comfort
10. Bamboo Laptop Desk by SONGMICS
This portable laptop desk is made of 100% environmentally-friendly bamboo. The desk’s legs are adjustable to different lengths, while the tray can be tilted to five different angles. A magnet is used inside the included drawer to prevent it from opening when moving the desk. Swirl-shaped cuts in the surface help with dissipating heat from your device.
- Sturdy and durable
- Includes detachable stopper to prevent device from sliding off
- Surface wipes clean easily and quickly
- Drawer isn’t big enough for much more than a few pens
11. Adjustable Foldable Laptop Desk by Readaeer
This laptop desk features an iron surface and plastic legs and weighs only 3.6 pounds. The tray rotates a full 360 degrees and locks in position, supporting laptops up to seventeen inches. An included mouse tray helps replicate the function of a normal desk with added portability.
- Each leg can be adjusted independently
- Combats neck strain
- Lightweight and durable
- Mouse tray feels like an afterthought—flimsy
12. Foldable Adjustable Laptop Stand by Kings Brand Furniture
Portability and a small footprint are the major features of this laptop stand. With five different settings, you can use this laptop tray in bed, on the couch, or on a desk. Four different options are available for purchase and the table arrives fully-assembled and ready to use.
- Solid and sturdy—supports even heavy laptops
- Table made of real wood—no particle board
- Bar prevents items from slipping off surface when angled
- Legs may extend too far out
13. Adjustable Laptop Table by Designstyles
This laptop table aims to replace furniture clutter. Its size and function make for a great laptop desk and reading tray for bed. While the table’s height cannot be adjusted, the tray tilts to a 45-degree angle by locking into notches underneath.
- Plenty of legroom
- Folds away for storage
- Extra space for a mouse or peripheral
- Hefty and heavy, but bearable
14. Laptop Table for Bed by SUPERJARE
This folding laptop table offers plenty of space for your laptop or tablet. An aluminum alloy frame supports the surface, which can comfortably fit a sixteen inch laptop with room to spare. When folded, inner space is sufficient to hold a book, mouse pad, or other small item.
- More table than tray—spacious
- Steady—no wobbling or swaying
- Quick and easy to set up
- Middle seam isn’t flush to surface
15. Multi-Functional Portable Laptop Table by iMounTEK
This multi-purpose laptop desk utilizes two independent trays so that you can angle your laptop or tablet while still making use of the flat surface for your mouse. The leg height can also be adjusted to maximize your comfort based on how you’re positioned. An included LED desk lamp provides light when you need it, and a cooling fan bolsters airflow to keep your device at its optimal temperature.
- Holds devices of up to 17 inches
- 4 USB ports for extra power
- Fan is very quiet
- Tabs to hold device in place are flimsy
Using a Laptop Desk for Bed to Stay Productive
A laptop tray for bed can be an effective tool for getting work done, enjoying your favorite show or book, or even eating a snack—all from the comfort (and warmth) of your bed.
Using a tablet or laptop in bed isn’t the healthiest. A laptop stand improves ergonomics by positioning your device at a level where you’re not straining your neck, spine, or eyes.
A Wealth of Features
Some computer trays for bed have such useful features as LED lights, cooling fans, and even drawers to stash away pens, paper clips, or sticky notes. Such benefits make working from bed a little easier.
Laptop desks aren’t only meant for bed. Many of the trays I’ve reviewed are portable enough to be used throughout your home—or even outside under some warm sunlight. And they’re not just meant exclusively for computing, either! Who could deny the comfort of some delicious breakfast in bed?
Choosing the Best Laptop Tray for Bed
When choosing the best laptop tray for bed, it’s important to consider a few factors based on how you’ll be using it most.
If you have a bulky laptop, ensure that the laptop desk you choose can support the weight of your device.
Consider how much surface area you’ll need in your laptop tray for bed. If you’re comfortable using your laptop’s trackpad, you may not need additional space for a mouse. Likewise, if you can’t work without a cup of coffee nearby, you may want to find a desk with a drink holder.
Consider your portability and storage needs when choosing a laptop desk. If it will typically be stationary, you may not need a desk that folds flat or is exceptionally light. On the flip side, if you’ll be moving around a lot, ease-of-transport becomes an important factor.
Staying active is always a challenge. Check out my picks for the best 12 best balance discs to keep you in shape!
Enjoy Your Laptop from the Comfort of Your Bed
A laptop desk for bed will help you stay productive, prevent added strain on your body, and help you enjoy your soft bed and warm blankets. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about your laptop, tablet, or book falling to the floor, or worse—onto you!