Arthritis can be a challenge for anyone used to a regular helping of physical activity. Luckily, the best knee braces for arthritis support the kneecap and prevent pain, swelling, and discomfort all day long. Quality braces are designed to ease the debilitating effects of arthritis, supporting the kneecap while allowing free range of motion to the leg. I’ve gathered a list of the best knee braces for arthritis below.
Best Knee Braces for Arthritis - Top 14
|1. Hinged Knee Brace||Shock Doctor||BEST PRICE|
|2. Hinged Knee Brace||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|3. Knee Support Sleeves||Mava Sports||BEST PRICE|
|4. Open Patella Knee Brace||Tech Ware Pro||BEST PRICE|
|5. Knee Brace Support Sleeve||Winzone||BEST PRICE|
|6. Copper Knee Compression Sleeve||CopperJoint||BEST PRICE|
|7. Neoprene Open Patella Stabilizer||Compressions||BEST PRICE|
|8. Bionic Knee Brace||DonJoy Performance||BEST PRICE|
|9. Knee Brace||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|10. Knee Brace Support for Arthritis||EzyFit||BEST PRICE|
|11. Bamboo Fabric Knee Sleeves||ProFitness||BEST PRICE|
|12. Knee Brace Support Sleeve||King of Kings||BEST PRICE|
|13. Compression Knee Sleeve||Alvada||BEST PRICE|
|14. Bamboo Knee Support||Vive||BEST PRICE|
1. Hinged Knee Brace by Shock Doctor
Hot, uncomfortable braces are a thing of the past! This hinged knee brace is made of cotton blends and air flow vented neoprene to provide the ultimate in wicking, compression, and therapeutic warmth. Tempered aluminum bilateral hinges keep your knee in place and prevent hyperextension, while lycra at the back of the knee stretches easily so there’s no pinching or bunching when you’re active.
- Maximum patella support
- Hinged to prevent overextension
- Moisture wicking
- Can be difficult to get off
2. Hinged Knee Brace by Vive
This best-selling hinged knee brace offers the best of both worlds: compression to reduce inflammation and aluminum hinges for lateral stability. In addition, the open patella design assures you won’t hyperextend your knee during movement. This brace is made of latex-free neoprene and is lightweight, yet durable.
- Gives superb support
- Fasteners offer customized fit and hold brace in place
- Hinged braces can be removed if desired
- Slightly bulky
3. Knee Support Sleeves by Mava Sports
The lightweight nature of these knee sleeves makes them less cumbersome than similar braces for arthritis. The sleeves are constructed of bamboo charcoal fiber, elastic, and latex, and give you a snug fit without being too constricting. The sleeves work well at lessening stress on kneecaps and adding support to joints, both of which can help you to feel more stable on your feet. Sleeves can be worn comfortably inside or out, during activity, or even while sleeping.
- Includes two knee sleeves
- Available in two colors
- Relieves pain and discomfort
- Contains latex
4. Open Patella Knee Brace by Tech Ware Pro
Unique bi-directional support straps and open patella design of this brace stabilize the knee and minimize the ache of arthritis. The brace is made of moisture-wicking neoprene and held in place against your leg by silicone strips. Velcro closures can be adjusted as needed to provide the right amount of compression for your needs.
- Prevents and relieves pain
- Compression level is adjustable
- Stays in place even when running
- Contains silicone
5. Knee Brace Support Sleeve by Winzone
Made of 100% neoprene, this sleeve-style knee brace is comfortable to wear, even for long periods. The sleeve is easy to put on and take off, and it’s machine washable. This knee brace for arthritis feels supportive but doesn’t limit movement in any way, making it perfect for athletic activities, walking, climbing stairs, and reducing discomfort.
- Doesn’t slip on the leg during use
- Machine washable
- Comfortable and supportive
- Brace is shorter in length than other offerings
6. Copper Knee Compression Sleeve by CopperJoint
This copper infused compression sleeve gives all day support to sore joints and defends against chronic inflammation. The knee sleeve is soft enough to wear all day, provides a good level of support, but never restricts movement or slows you down. The compression sleeves are naturally odor-free but can be hand washed and air dried as needed.
- Excellent support without restricting movement
- Doesn’t slip or move around during use
- No questions asked money-back guarantee
- Contains silicone
7. Neoprene Open Patella Stabilizer by Compressions
This open patella knee brace has a unique Velcro closure system that lets you adjust the tension specifically for your needs. Made from neoprene, the brace is flexible and almost weightless. The grippy interior of this knee brace keeps it from slipping or rolling during use but never feels too tight behind the knee or at the thigh.
- Unique closure system makes this brace fully adjustable
- Open patella design prevents hyperextension
- Lightweight and flexible
- Less breathable than other compression sleeves
8. Bionic Knee Brace by DonJoy Performance
Total knee support is the aim of this bilateral hinged knee brace. The wrap-around style of this brace means it’s easy to put and take off. Stretchy webbing closures and pull tabs help secure the brace to your leg, offering just the right amount of compression and support. The neoprene in this brace is perforated to prevent overheating and slippage and it has reflective strips to keep you safe in low light conditions.
- Easy to take off and put on
- Reflective strips on the brace
- Longer than many braces
- More expensive than other options
9. Knee Brace by Vive
The adjustable straps on this knee brace for arthritis let you customize the fit to your left or right leg and adjust the compression level in seconds. With an open patella design, this brace prevents hyperextension injuries while supporting your kneecap during movement or rest. This brace is made from breathable, bendable neoprene and is every bit as comfortable as it is supportive.
- Offers a snug fit
- Compression level can be easily adjusted
- Open patella design prevents hyper-extension
- Stiffer support than other braces
10. Knee Brace Support for Arthritis by EzyFit
This open patella knee brace puts enough pressure on the leg to keep the kneecap stabilized while providing generous freedom of movement. Silicone strips inside the brace hold it firmly against the leg and prevent it from slipping during activity or exercise. This brace is made from neoprene and can be hand washed or tossed in a washing machine.
- Great sizing
- Good, snug fit
- Open patella design
- Contains silicone
11. Bamboo Fabric Knee Sleeves by ProFitness
These arthritis knee sleeves deliver superb compression that warms joints and supports knee health. Made of all natural bamboo fabric and spandex, these sleeves are so breathable they can be worn all day long. Great for preventing or relieving arthritis knee pain, this pair of sleeves is available in three color choices.
- A pair of knee sleeves are included
- Available in three colors
- Delivers outstanding compression and warmth
- Top and bottom of sleeves roll at times
12. Knee Brace Support Sleeve by King of Kings
The three-layer design of this knee brace provides comfort and pain relief for long periods of time. Perfect for casual or athletic use, these sleeves are easily adjustable, have an open patella, and are fitted with side steel stays to keep your knee in the proper position. This knee support brace has five Velcro holds that hold the brace firmly in place, preventing slippage.
- Money-back guarantee
- Wicks away moisture and heat for cool support
- Good closures hold brace firmly in place
- Shorter than some braces
13. Compression Knee Sleeve by Alvada
This thin compression sleeve targets sore, tender muscles and joints, giving support just where you need it most. The sleeve wraps snugly around your leg, putting pressure on and around the kneecap so you can reclaim your active lifestyle. Made of 3D knitted nylon latex and spandex, this brace stretches with your every movement, yet keeps its shape day after day.
- Thin enough to be inconspicuous under clothing
- Warming compression loosens tight muscles and joints
- Easy to put on and take off
- Contains latex
14. Bamboo Knee Support by Vive
Perfect for the treatment of arthritis, sprains, tendonitis, and for those needing a little extra support, this knee sleeve is made of a bamboo-charcoal hybrid material that gives just enough compression to soothe inflammation and increase circulation. Antimicrobial fibers built into this brace keep it smelling and feeling fresh, though the sleeve can be machine washed when needed.
- Pair of support sleeves in each box
- Temperature regulating materials feel good no matter the weather
- Great for arthritis, tendonitis, and sprains
- Can slide a little when wet
Other Ways to Support Your Arthritic Knee
There may not yet be a cure for arthritis, but there are steps you can take to lessen symptoms and ease your discomfort. Try some of these to supplement your choice for best knee brace for arthritis.
Build Up Muscles Around the Knee
Strengthening muscles in your legs, particularly your quadriceps, helps take pressure off the kneecap so you can move easier. Walking, lifting weights, and using resistance bands will keep your joints from stiffening and build muscle.
Treating symptoms as they occur can shorten the amount of time you spend dealing with tender joints. Use rest, ice, and heat therapies when needed. If swelling does not die down, it may be worth talking to your doctor.
Watch your Weight
Dropping even five pounds can lessen the stress put on joints, particularly kneecaps and ankles. When it comes to weight loss, it is better to start early, to avoid the long-term effects of overstrained joints.
Manage the Pain
Arthritis symptoms can impact your activity level, ability to work or attend school, parent children, drive, and just about every other area of your life. There are a few things you can do to help ease discomfort, including:
- Take warm baths
- Try over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers
- Give yourself a bit of extra support while walking with trekking poles
- Talk to your doctor about your worsening symptoms
- Use arthritis creams to dull pain
Benefit from The Best Knee Braces for Arthritis
Don’t miss out on any of your favorite activities–knee pain from arthritis doesn’t not need to be an issue that stands in your way. By supporting your body with the right equipment, you can get back out there and enjoy yourself in no time.