When shoulder pain strikes, the aches and tension felt can make life grind to a halt. Fast relief is available via an ice pack for shoulder pain. Life can challenge the body with arthritis, strains, sprains, and overextended muscles. Persistent shoulder pain can make it difficult to get a good night’s rest and even distract you from daily activities. Investing in a gel pack or cold pack for shoulder pain helps alleviate problems, and can help speed up recovery.
Best Ice Packs For Shoulder - Top 10
|1. Ice Pack with Strap||TheraPAQ||BEST PRICE|
|2. Reusable Gel Ice Pack||Chattanooga||BEST PRICE|
|3. Shoulder Wrap for Rotator Cuff||Terran LLC||BEST PRICE|
|4. Natural Buckwheat Wrap||Bucky||BEST PRICE|
|5. Ice Pack for Recovery||The Coldest Water||BEST PRICE|
|6. Ice Pack Wrap||Simple Spectra||BEST PRICE|
|7. Cold Compress Therapy Wrap||Arctic Flex||BEST PRICE|
|8. Cold Therapy Gel Pack||TrekProof||BEST PRICE|
|9. Gel Cold Pack||FlexiKold||BEST PRICE|
|10. Gel Ice Pack||Arctic Flex||BEST PRICE|
1. Ice Pack with Strap by TheraPAQ
This versatile ice pack for shoulder pain comes with elastic Velcro straps so that you can adjust the pack quickly for the most secure fit. This shoulder pack can be wrapped diagonally or vertically around the shoulder for optimal treatment of stressed, sore, or inflamed muscles. The gel inside of the ice pack is non-toxic, and the pack is reusable.
- Non-toxic gel provides hot and cold therapy
- Stays cold up to 30-minutes
- Straps may be too short for some
2. Reusable Gel Ice Pack by Chattanooga
An ice pack for shoulder pain needs to remain flexible but still offer cold, healing relief. This rectangular cold pack is pliable, even after extended freezing, and can be placed right where it hurts. This pack is ready-to-use after only 2 hours in the freezer and stays cold for up to 30-minutes.
- Made from non-toxic silica gel
- Easy to mold to any part of the body
- Must use a protective barrier between skin and ice pack
3. Shoulder Wrap for Rotator Cuff by Terran LLC
This shoulder wrap offers hot and cold therapy and specializes in targeting the rotator cuff area with a brace-like sleeve. Designed for shoulder pain, this ice pack has 2 removable gel packs that can be frozen or microwaved for targeted pain relief. The shoulder brace slides onto the shoulder and stays in proper place with a Velcro chest strap.
- Specifically designed for shoulder-only use
- 1-year guarantee
- Hot and cold therapy provided
- May not fit those of smaller stature well
4. Natural Buckwheat Wrap by Bucky
While most wraps are built with manmade materials like gels, this wrap stands out for being filled with healing buckwheat. Buckwheat is a naturally occurring anti-inflammatory with antioxidant properties. This ecologically-friendly cold pack is small enough to be portable but large enough to relieve big shoulder aches.
- Compact design is great for traveling and easy storage
- Made with natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory buckwheat
- Gentle on the skin
- Filling becomes a bit uneven after time
5. Ice Pack for Recovery by The Coldest Water
This is a favorite for athletes! Large in size, this ice pack evenly distributes cooling relief. This pliable ice pack lays over the shoulder and molds directly to aching, sore joints and muscles. This ice pack for shoulder pain freezes in under 2 hours and holds therapeutic-level cold temperatures for more than an hour.
- Versatile, large design
- Folds up for travel and freezing
- Long-lasting relief
- Condensation tends to build up
6. Ice Pack Wrap by Simple Spectra
This wrap is unique in that it is designed with an FDA-approved moldable clay gel filling that gives both hot and cold relief. This wrap is flexible and can be attached to the body with included Velcro straps. Unlike other ice packs for shoulder pain, this wrap can lay against the bare skin without the need for an insulating layer.
- Non-toxic clay filling holds heat and cold well
- Durably constructed
- Velcro straps included
- Instructions for heating and freezing not included
7. Cold Compress Therapy Wrap by Arctic Flex
This cold compress is made to address neck and shoulder pain. A flexible, contoured design allows the wrap to lay loosely on the shoulders where it provides soothing cool to tired, aching, and injured tissue. Safe for sensitive skin, this ice pack for shoulder pain is made of latex-free vinyl and can be applied directly to the skin.
- 60-day guarantee
- May be too small for larger individuals
8. Cold Therapy Gel Pack by TrekProof
This set of reusable hot and cold gel therapy wraps lay directly against the skin for immediate relief of pain. Medical-grade gel fills these packs which can be frozen or microwaved safely. An included adjustable comfort strap holds the gel pack against the body firmly through the use of Velcro straps.
- Extra-long strap
- Size is perfect to use on shoulders and other body parts
- 2 packs make it easy to keep one wrap in reserve for ready use
- May be too stiff when frozen
9. Gel Cold Pack by FlexiKold
This gel pack is reusable, washable, and designed to stay colder longer than others on the market. This cold pack for shoulder pain can handle targeting not only pain in the shoulder, but can also treat arthritis, swelling, and persistent pain elsewhere. Constructed of heavy nylon, this pack is sealed to prevent leaking and breakage.
- Gel pack backed by health professionals
- Proprietary design made to stay colder longer
- Pack stays flexible while cold for easy molding to body parts
- No Velcro straps to keep pack on
10. Gel Ice Pack by Arctic Flex
This ice pack for shoulder pain and inflammation is designed to stay bendable while offering cold therapy. Coverage is not an issue for this ice pack because it is large enough to cover the shoulder, hips, or back. Constructed with latex-free vinyl and a non-toxic gel, this ice pack is suitable for those with sensitive skin.
- Resistant to leaks and tearing
- Pack stays flexible when frozen
- Ice pack covers large surface area
- May not stay cold for extended periods
Best Time To Use a Cold Pack for Shoulder Pain
Cold packs are capable of providing targeted pain relief to joints, muscles, and tendons. They’re ideal for those with overworked muscles, arthritis, and those recovering from injury. Cold packs should be used during the first 48-hours after acute injury. For arthritis and other health-related conditions, packs can be used as necessary.
In addition to ice packs, massage rollers can also relieve sore, tired, and painful joints and muscle tissue. See our recommendations for the best massage rollers here.
Gel Ice Packs are Versatile
Gel ice packs for shoulders are an easy solution to pain. Most packs are portable enough to store in a backpack or First Aid Kit and can be used to treat a multitude of conditions, including strains, sprains, bug bites, and pain.
Get Powerful Relief With A Cold Pack for Shoulder Pain
Tension, aches, and pains in the shoulder can strike at any moment, making work, enjoying recreational activities, and getting a good night’s rest difficult. A cold pack for shoulder pain can provide the relief that is needed, utilizing targeted cold therapy.