Desperate for a reprieve from the constant aching of your heels? Using heel pads for shoes can help turn uncomfortable loafers into sources of relief. They come in all shapes and sizes, designed to conform to all shoes and any type of lifestyle. Look through my top picks of quality heel pads for one that addresses the source of your discomfort.
Best Heel Pads For Shoes - Top 13
|1. Gel Heel Cup Inserts||ARMSTRONG AMERIKA||BEST PRICE|
|2. Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sleeve||The Fittest Pro||BEST PRICE|
|3. Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sleeves||Bitly||BEST PRICE|
|4. Slim Heel Cushions||Ballotte||BEST PRICE|
|5. Sports Gel Insoles||KevenAnna||BEST PRICE|
|6. Gel Heel Cup||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|7. Heel Liners and Shoe Inserts||Babo Care||BEST PRICE|
|8. Heel Pads||DR JK||BEST PRICE|
|9. Plastic Heel Cups||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|10. High Heel Pads||Keefee||BEST PRICE|
|11. Memory Foam Gel Insoles||Happystep||BEST PRICE|
|12. Plantar Fasciitis Orthotics||Profoot||BEST PRICE|
|13. Heavenly Heelz Cushion Insole||Foot Petals||BEST PRICE|
1. Gel Heel Cup Inserts by ARMSTRONG AMERIKA
These gel liners slip easily into your sneakers or loafers, offering immediate relief for sore heels. They work to relieve pain caused by heel spurs, stress fractures, and other foot ailments. The way their silicone base adapts to your stride makes them one of the best heel inserts on the market.
- Made of quality medical-grade silicone
- Can be worn all day
- Lightweight and comfortable
- May not fit more delicate shoes
2. Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sleeve by The Fittest Pro
This package offers a variety of options for well-rounded foot and leg health. The compression sleeve works well to soothe ankle pain all day long, while lightweight gel cushions provide comfort through all sorts of activities. The package also includes ankle wraps, which provide gentle compression to reduce foot swelling.
- Can mix and match items to suit your daily routine
- Comes with fabric heel straps to prevent slipping in your shoes
- Made with high-quality materials
- Some items not suited for all shoe styles
3. Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sleeves by Bitly
This product gives you all the benefits of an ankle sleeve in the form of an easy-to-wear sock. They provide compression for ankles and heels to relieve swollen feet caused by pregnancy, plantar fasciitis, and other conditions. The moisture-wicking fabric blocks odors and allows feet to breathe easy.
- A variety of colors available
- Stimulates blood flow around the entire foot
- Can be worn day or night
- May slide around in shoes
4. Slim Heel Cushions by Ballotte
These cushions fit easily under socks or stockings while providing protection to your entire heel. Truly ideal heel cushions for shoes, you can wear them out walking, when going for a run, or if you’re on your feet for a long periods.
- Side air holes provide ventilation for your feet
- Made of shock-absorbing material
- One size fits all
- Does not provide thick cushioning
5. Sports Gel Insoles by KevenAnna
This full insole lets those with an active lifestyle keep pushing forward without pain. They’re great for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy going hiking or walking. Each insole absorbs the shock from your strides, letting you continue to enjoy your favorite activities without worry.
- Combines soft memory foam with gel in the right places
- Contains anti-bacterial material
- Improves balance and foot strength
- Slightly bulky for smaller shoes
6. Gel Heel Cup by Vive
These gel inserts let you get through your day in comfort. The distinct honeycomb design of the insert lets the gel act as a spring that absorbs the impact of each step you take. They work well with most shoe styles and are easily adjustable for a better fit, making them great heel inserts for shoes.
- Made of antibacterial material
- Works to alleviate everyday foot pain
- Comes with a 60-day warranty
- Must be hand-washed to maintain quality
7. Heel Liners and Shoe Inserts by Babo Care
These heel grips protect you from excessive rubbing from the backs of your shoes, which can cause painful chafing and blisters. You can wear them with heels, loafers, or boots—there’s no more need to avoid your favorite shoes!
- Comes with different pads for various areas of the foot
- Keeps you from sliding around in your heels
- Easy to apply
- Works best with slightly over-sized shoes
8. Heel Pads by DR JK
This pack includes fabric heel grips to prevent blisters and keep your feet from slipping out of your shoes. The gel inserts help you avoid aggravating heel pain by protecting you from the force of impact as you walk. This also prevents added stress on your joints.
- Lightweight design
- Medical-grade gel
- Easy to use
- May be too large for some shoes
9. Plastic Heel Cups by Vive
These molded heel cups deliver above-average support for both the heel and ankle, meaning less swelling and pain at the end of a long day. The antibacterial material prevents odors, letting you wear them as long as you need. The molded cups adapt easily to any style of shoe in your closet. They give you relief whether you’re wearing your favorite sneakers or slip-ons, making them excellent heel cups for any shoe.
- Can be worn with or without socks
- Easily cleaned with a mild detergent
- May be too soft for some users
10. High Heel Pads by Keefee
These soft gel inserts fit under your heel and behind the ankle, alleviating heel pain and preventing painful blisters. You also receive pads for the balls of your feet for additional comfort, making for a great two-in-one combo. The velvet covering absorbs sweat and keeps your feet from coming into direct contact with the inner silicone. This flexibility makes them one of the best shoe inserts for heels.
- Soft and thick
- High durability and elasticity
- Keeps shoes from rubbing against your feet
- Not suited for tighter fitting shoes
11. Memory Foam Gel Insoles by Happystep
This sports insole provides support for arches and heels, giving you double the pain relief. The memory foam conforms to the shape of your foot, evenly distributing pressure as you walk, run, or stand. The gel padding in the heel offers excellent shock absorption and pain relief, especially for plantar fasciitis sufferers.
- Support for your entire foot
- Very soft and durable
- Prevents foot fatigue
- Not to be worn under socks or stockings
12. Plantar Fasciitis Orthotics by Profoot
These lightweight orthotics provide support for your entire plantar fascia, a tissue in the heel that often gets inflamed. The product helps cradle your heels and provides arch support to prevent fatigue. The gel insert also offers additional shock absorption, letting you go strong, even after hours on your feet.
- Great for plantar fasciitis
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association
- Soft and lightweight
- Not for those seeking a full-foot orthotic
13. Heavenly Heelz Cushion Insole by Foot Petals
These soft cushioned inserts are perfect for slipping into your favorite work heels! They help stop blisters by preventing slipping and chafing of all kinds. They fit easily into most heel styles, making them one of the best inserts for heels.
- Easy to hide
- Can be applied with ease
- Not meant for heavy-duty impact
Common Causes of Heel Pain
Most heel pain originates from the bottom or the back of the heel. The most common cause of this is plantar fasciitis, an inflammation in a tissue connecting your heel bone to your toes. While it’s most commonly seen in people between 40 and 60, other groups at risk of suffering from this condition include:
- Individuals with flat feet
- Workers who need to stand for long periods
- People suffering from obesity
- Those who engage in heavy exercise
Selecting the Best Heel Pad for Shoes
To find the right inserts for heel pain relief, look for items suited to fit your condition. Make sure to check twice, as the wrong pad could leave you in even more pain than before! Whether that means finding the best heel pads or socks for plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, or blisters, the right solution may be just a click away.
- Plantar fasciitis pads should always focus on arch support, giving you the lift you need to avoid pain
- Heel spurs can be helped immensely with a bit of extra support in the right places. Look for extra cushioning at the back of the heel.
- For preventing blisters, look for a lightweight product that easily adheres to the insides of your shoes.
- Braces and Compression sleeves are the best bet to reduce swelling of all kinds. The good news is that they can be combined with most kinds of heel pads.
Find the Best Heel Pad for You
Before even starting your search, consult with your physician to make sure you’re looking for the right type of product. The ultimate goal is finding a pad suited to your particular condition. Once you have the medical insight you need, use this list to get a leg-up on finding pad to support your lifestyle.