From simple exercises to take on the go, to long-term muscle recovery, hand exercise equipment provides a full workout for your fingers, wrists, and hands. From the comfort of your home, you can improve strength, dexterity, and flexibility without any additional equipment. Available in a variety of shapes and sizes to suit your needs, it’s very easy to use. Let’s look at the best hand exercise equipment available.
Best Types of Hand Exercise Equipment - Top 12
|1. Hand Exerciser and Stretcher||YogaHands||BEST PRICE|
|2. Color-Coded Therapy Putty by AliMed||AliMed||BEST PRICE|
|3. Ring Hand Strengthener||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|4. Hand Exerciser||Gripmaster||BEST PRICE|
|5. Therapy Putty||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|6. Exercise Squeeze Eggs||The Friendly Swede||BEST PRICE|
|7. Hand Strengthener||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|8. Hand Therapy Kit||Gaiam||BEST PRICE|
|9. Finger Strengthener||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|10. Finger Strengthener and Hand Exerciser||321 STRONG||BEST PRICE|
|11. Hand Grip Trainer||Jfit||BEST PRICE|
|12. Finger Exerciser & Hand Strengthener||ZenStrength||BEST PRICE|
1. Hand Exerciser and Stretcher by YogaHands
This exerciser is great for working out the whole hand. Place the exerciser over your fingers and the padding naturally stretches them, requiring almost no effort, so you can simply put it on and let it work. Since it stretches the fingers, it’s perfect to help you avoid problems like repetitive strain injury.
- Portable for use on-the-go
- Can stretch your fingers as you sleep
- Comes as a pair, to stretch both hands at once
- Designed for larger hands
2. Color Therapy Putty by AliMed
This set of therapy putties comes in four small tubs, and each option has a different level of resistance that lets you choose the right strength for you. You can use them to create a balanced exercise regimen and increase the difficulty of your workout as your strength improves.
- Color-coded to easily identify resistance level
- Great for relieving hand stiffness
- Fun to use and feels great on the hands
- Not enough putty for larger hands—may need two sets
3. Ring Hand Strengthener by Vive
If you’re looking for a real workout, this hand strengthener will be perfect. Hold the ring in your hand, then squeeze and press against the firm material. You can also put your fingers through the ring and extend them outward to stretch your fingers. This is a great piece of hand grip exercise equipment for people wanting to improve their finger strength.
- Easy to wash
- Downloadable user manual for new exercise ideas
- Three rings, each with different resistance levels
- Only comes in one size
4. Hand Exerciser by Gripmaster
This type of hand exercise equipment allows you to isolate individual fingers. Of course, you can also use it to get a full hand workout, developing strength and improving dexterity. This exerciser is a great choice for those whose daily life requires strenuous use of their fingers.
- Range of resistance weights for the perfect workout
- Very effective at developing grip strength
- Good quality—will last a long time
- Doesn’t fit in larger palms comfortably
5. Therapy Putty by Vive
This therapy putty set includes four vibrant colors, representing different resistance levels. Choose the one that suits you best, and build up to the toughest putty in the set. It includes enough putty for a good hand workout, and it’s fun to use! Your grand kids will want to join in too!
- Comes with a 60-day warranty
- Good for stiff fingers
- Naturally stress-relieving
- Can be messy
6. Exercise Squeeze Eggs by The Friendly Swede
These colorful eggs are a great way to exercise while you’re on the go. They’re easy to carry and look great on any desk or shelf, so you can bring them wherever they’re needed. The set includes three squeeze eggs—a soft orange egg, a firmer green egg, and a super firm black egg.
- Solid, durable texture
- Great for preventing RSI
- Feels great on the hands
- Can attract dust and hairs
7. Hand Strengthener by Vive
This hand strengthener will improve your grip in just a few minutes a day. Hold on to the handle and squeeze it, while the spring provides resistance. Using this simple tool, you can strengthen your grip while you watch television.
- Tension can be adjusted for the perfect feel
- Handle designed to prevent slipping
- Comes with two strengtheners
- Not very versatile–can only be used one way
8. Hand Therapy Kit by Gaiam
Use these hand exercise balls to get a solid workout. The kit comes with an exercise guide that includes great tips for getting the most out of your grip balls. With three resistance levels, you can progress to the toughest one as your grip strength improves.
- Good value for the money
- Improves hand and finger strength
- Small enough to hold, but large enough for a good workout
- Sticky texture can be off-putting
9. Finger Strengthener by Vive
This set comes with three finger strengtheners, so you can try each to find your ideal resistance level. Hold the exerciser in the palm of your hand and squeeze the individual pads. You can exercise individual fingers or work your entire hand.
- Quiet operation won’t annoy those around you
- Rubber grip prevents slipping and feels comfortable
- Portable so you can workout anywhere
- Springs may wear over time
10. Finger and Hand Strengthener by 321 STRONG
This hand exercise equipment works very well for developing overall grip strength. It’s great for musicians or athletes who use their hands a lot, as well as stroke patients who need to regain their grip strength. Conveniently portable for an anytime workout, it even comes with an eBook for useful tips to try on the go.
- Good for developing finger flexibility
- Very sturdy design for a long-lasting feel
- Tension strengths are non-adjustable
11. Hand Grip Trainer by Jfit
This simple hand grip trainer is easy to use and doesn’t require any specific knowledge—no learning curve here! Just squeeze the foam handles together for a quick, hassle-free exercise. This is a nice tool to pick up and use without any additional setup.
- Good value for the money
- Simple and intuitive to use
- Handles feel soft to the touch
- Low level of resistance–best for beginners
12. Finger and Hand Exerciser by ZenStrength
This equipment looks a little different than other hand strengtheners, but don’t let that scare you. Thread your fingers through the hole, stretch apart as wide as you can, then close around the soft sphere in the middle. The result is a great hand grip exercise routine that works all your muscles at once.
- Unique design for multiple types of hand exercise
- Good selection of tensions to choose from
- Fun to use
- May be too big for some hands
Types of Hand Exercise Equipment
Over the years, I’ve seen all types of hand exercise equipment–and the variety is only growing! When choosing the perfect grip trainer for you, make sure to take your fitness goals into consideration first. Let’s look at the different types of hand exercise equipment out there, so you can decide which type of best for you.
Grip trainers are a great choice for people who have lost their hand strength due to a condition like a stroke. They’re also perfect for people who want to focus on developing raw grip strength, to excel at tennis, golf, or other sports. The best hand grip strengtheners have adjustable resistance levels so you can increase the tension as your grip develops.
Therapy putty makes for a fun, malleable way to workout. Squeeze the putty like a ball, or pull on the sides to develop your strength. Putties are a great choice for smaller hands, as you can always adjust the amount to fit your hands.
Ligament strain is a common problem for those who use their fingers a lot, making a solid exercise routine is essential. However, keep in mind that these tools may not always be the most versatile for wrists and other nearby muscle groups.
Hand Rings and Balls
These exercisers seem simple, but don’t be deceived! Both hand rings and hand exercise balls can be used in different ways to give a complete workout. This makes for a nice handheld solution which you can carry around with you.
How Hand Exercise Equipment Can Help
Everyone can benefit from improved grip strength but for those who have lost their grip due to illness or injury, hand strengthening equipment is even more important. Here are a few examples of hand strengthener benefits.
Arthritis and Joint Pains
If you suffer from aching hands, grip strengtheners can be a big help. By stretching the muscles in the area, you can and increase blood flow, improve flexibility, and alleviate pain.
Stroke victims may find that one side of their body has become weaker than the other, likely impacting grip strength in one hand. Fortunately, hand exercise equipment for stroke patients can help rebuild strength for long-term use.
Repetitive Strain Injury Prevention
Repetitive strain injuries can occur if someone is using their fingers in a constant, restrictive way, like in typing or writing. Exercising the fingers is key to keeping them limber and preventing long-term damage.
Find the Best Hand Exercise Equipment
From preventing RSI to recovering lost grip strength, hand exercise equipment can fit any need. With their wide range of styles and techniques, you’re bound to find something that matches your case. Pick the best hand grip strengthener that suits you and get exercising!