If you are looking to improve lower arm strength, a forearm workout tool may just be what you’re after. Healthy forearms will make daily activities such as lifting and washing much less of a pain. Not sure what forearm workout tool you need? Rest assured, this guide will cover the seven best forearm workout equipment products. You’re bound to find one that works for you!
Best Forearm Workout Tools - Top 7
|1. Adjustable Hand Grip Strengthener||Kootek||BEST PRICE|
|2. Wrist and Forearm Blaster||Yes4All||BEST PRICE|
|3. Ring Hand Exerciser||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|4. Hand Exerciser||Gripmaster||BEST PRICE|
|5. Forearm Max||Balanced Body Institut||BEST PRICE|
|6. Hand Strengthener||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|7. Forearm Strengthener||Sportneer||BEST PRICE|
1. Adjustable Hand Grip Strengthener by Kootek
Kootek’s adjustable hand grip strengthener is a forearm workout tool that offers good value for it’s price. This product is designed to improve strength, power, and speed. The nice thing about it is that it’s tailored to all types of users–whether you’re lifting weights, rock climbing, or going through rehabilitation, it works for you.
- Non-slip handles
- Ergonomically designed with durable rubber
- Adjustable tension–from 22 to 88 pounds
- Only one handle, so you can’t exercise both hands simultaneously
2. Wrist and Forearm Blaster by Yes4All
When it comes to simplicity, this wrist and forearm workout tool takes the lead. To use, just roll the weight down then back up, and repeat until you have achieved your fitness goals. If you want to make it more difficult, increase the number of reps or add more weight until you have exactly the level of challenge you’re looking for.
- Anti-slip foam grip and adjustable nylon strap for maximum comfort
- Durable nylon rope to prevent breaking
- One year warranty and 60-day free return
- May need to buy additional weights
3. Ring Hand Exerciser by Vive
If you want something that’s light and smooth in your hands, Vive’s Ring Hand Exerciser is the ultimate choice. These premium grade rings are odorless and will fit perfectly in your grip. They are designed to improve strength and dexterity in your fingers, wrists, hands, or forearms. They come with three separate rings, each offering a specific level of resistance.
- Odorless, leaving no funny smells in your hands
- Easily washable
- 60 Day Guarantee
- Includes just three rings, so you cannot fine-tune intensity
4. Hand Exerciser by Gripmaster
This product by Gripmaster fits easily in your hands, as some of the smallest forearm strength equipment on the market. This compact device is excellent for hand, wrist, and forearm strength. It also works to enhance your finger movement, challenging each finger individually with advanced spring-loaded piston technology. It’s available in five resistances so you can pick the intensity you like.
- Comes with a complete exercise program
- Challenges each finger individually
- You have to buy another one if you want a different resistance level
5. Forearm Max by Balanced Body Institute
No more weak arms after you use this forearm workout tool! The Forearm Max will condition and strengthen all muscles in your lower arm. Don’t be afraid by its complex look, simply grab the handles and twist clockwise or counterclockwise for an intense workout. The nice thing about this forearm workout tool is that it can be used in different positions to target various muscle groups.
- Ability to target different muscles
- Strengthens the entire lower arm
- Cannot train one forearm independently
6. Hand Strengthener by Vive
If you’re looking on the higher end of product quality, these hand strengtheners by Vive are a suitable option. If Vive specialize in one thing, it’s top quality premium products. The nice thing about this forearm workout tool is that it’s portable and lightweight, making it easy to fit in your handbag or backpack. Whether you’re a golfer, musician, or plan on using it for a medical rehab program, it will work for you. As with the Kootek strengtheners, the same 22 – 88 pound resistance is available.
- Ergonomic anti-slip grip
- Premium quality
- 60-day guarantee
- Higher price
7. Forearm Strengthener by Sportneer
Sportneer’s forearm strengthener is unique in one aspect–its flexibility. You can curl upwards or downwards, allowing you to target various forearm muscles. Though the resistance can be configured, it is limited to a small range. Ergonomics and product quality are highly emphasized, making the tool is both comfortable and durable.
- Portable and lightweight
- Adjustable design, allowing for regular and reverse wrist curls
- Adjustable resistance
- Range of resistance is only between 25 and 30 pounds
The Importance of Strong Hands
Regular exercise is a key element in maintaining healthy hands, and that includes basic grip and forearm exercises. With consistency, you should find daily chores such as lifting, carrying and walking a bit less of a hassle. Remember–it’s never too late to start! Aside from the items listed above, take a look at this selection of hand exercise equipment.
How to Measure Grip Strength
If you suspect your fingers and forearm are getting weaker, it could be a good idea to measure your grip strength. While there are a few ways of doing this, the most accurate and conventional method is to use a handgrip dynamometer. You may be able to find one in your local gym or fitness center. If not, you can simply buy one online.
Follow these simple steps for using a handgrip dynamometer:
- Make sure to hold the tool safely and correctly. If you are unsure how, consult a professional.
- Squeeze the dynamometer with maximum effort and hold for five seconds.
- To ensure accuracy, repeat the exercise a few times and average your results.
- Read and understand your results. The average male should have a reading of 105 whereas an average female should have a reading of 57.
- Consult a doctor if you are unsure. Readings may be lower than average for seniors or those with a specific medical condition.
Hand Strengthening Exercises for Seniors
In addition to investing in a forearm workout tool, there are other exercises that could improve your overall forearm and grip strength. Try a few of the ones listed below.
This is a really simple exercise. Just place a soft ball, like a stress ball or tennis ball, in your palm then firmly close your hand to squeeze. Keep holding that position for three to five seconds, then switch hands and repeat the same procedure. This exercise should help with tasks such as opening jars or holding onto heavier items.
Pick it up
To perform this exercise, press your thumb to your fifth finger and hold firmly for five seconds. Repeat with the fourth finger, the third, and so on. This exercise should make tasks like putting on jewelry or holding small items easier.
Stretch it out
A simple rubber band can strengthen your finger extensors! Simply wrap it around your fingers and thumb and push outwards against the resistance of the band. Repeat ten times on each hand for a total of three sets.
You can do this exercise while standing or sitting. Simply hold a light weight with your elbow bent and your palm facing upwards. Then slowly curl your wrist upwards while keeping your elbow and forearm steady. Do three sets of ten on each arm.
Grab the Best Forearm Workout Tool
The seven items listed above represent the best forearm strength equipment products on the market. Taking all of the important criteria into consideration, choose the one that works the best for you and benefit from the results. For best results, take advantage of quality and performance with some of the exercises listed. If you have any doubts, make sure to consult your local doctor.