If you’re looking to improve core strength, recover from a lower-body injury, or just find a new fun way to work out, taking advantage of the best balancing discs on the market is the way to go. Known as wobble boards, balance cushions, or balance discs, these products can make a huge difference in your overall health. Take a look at my top picks below. Once you have selected the best balance cushion for your needs, its only a matter of time before you are in the best shape of your life.
Best balance discs - Top 12
|1. Balance Trainer||Bosu||BEST PRICE|
|2. Wobble Balance Board||GoFit||BEST PRICE|
|3. Wobble Cushion||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|4. Stability Wobble Cushion||Bintiva||BEST PRICE|
|5. Health and Fitness Balance Board||Sivan||BEST PRICE|
|6. Adjustable Balance Board||Isokinetics Inc||BEST PRICE|
|7. Wooden Wobble Balance Board||Yes4All||BEST PRICE|
|8. Balance Board||Bintiva||BEST PRICE|
|9. Balance & Stability Disc||jFit||BEST PRICE|
|10. Wobble Cushion||Hemingweigh||BEST PRICE|
|11. Balance Board||URBNFit||BEST PRICE|
|12. Fitness Cushion Disc||Wacces||BEST PRICE|
1. Balance Trainer by Bosu
The Bosu balance trainer is a premium, inflatable balancing board that can effectively bear bodies of all shapes and sizes. It is designed for athletes as well as those looking for a casual workout. High-quality material helps you perform heavy exercises like plyometric drills, squats, and more. Its smooth curvature improves stability for a variety of yoga techniques.
- Flexible base for easy balancing
- Comes with video exercise lessons
- Large discs for comfortable training sessions
- Air refils can be difficult
2. Wobble Balance Board by GoFit
GoFit’s original wobble board is one of the best balancing cushions with customizable height. The base is laminated for a sturdy grip to prevent slipping. If you are a beginner we recommend you to start with a lower height to prevent injury, but you can re-adjust as you improve in skill.
- Adjustable balancing board
- Padded anti-slip surface for powerful grip
- Thick board for longer life
- Not geared toward comfort
3. Wobble Cushion by Vive
This Wobble cushion has a large surface to make training even easier. High-quality material can bear most types of force and tension, while the base offers plenty of grip. As a bonus, use it as a seat cushion, as the dotted surface works as acupressure spikes to improve blood flow.
- Dual-textured surface for durability and grip
- Lightweight design makes it portable
- Tear-proof body
- Air pressure diminishes after heavy use
4. Stability Wobble Cushion by Bintiva
This wobble cushion is designed for stability training and various types of physical therapy. With an ergonomic body, it helps relieve back pain and improve posture while it tones your core muscles. An easy-grip surface makes sure you’ll never lose your footing.
- Ergonomic seating reduces back and spine pressure
- Easy to use balancing board
- Friendly design for all ages
- Wobble surface is less pliable
5. Health and Fitness Balance Board by Sivan
Unlike most of the balancing discs on this list, this trendy product is designed specifically for fitness and core strength training. It pairs a stylish look with an effective design, making it an ideal choice for many buyers.
- Increased height to improve balancing techniques
- Layered surface for slip-free hold
- Could be a bit challenging for beginners
6. Adjustable Balance Board by Isokinetics Inc
This product stands out by offering a customizable balancing board with adjustable height. This makes it perfect for those who want to train for the long-term. Once your skill improves, you can upgrade your workout with pro balancing techniques.
- Polymeric material for max durability
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Adjustable difficulty
- The base sometimes dislodges itself
7. Wooden Wobble Balance Board by Yes4All
This elegant balancing board is made with premium, pliable, and non-skid materials that will make your next workout a joy. It is stylish and lightweight meaning you will look forward to taking it with you to the gym, office, or park.
- Non-skid surface for a safe grip
- Perfect for strengthening lower muscles and ligaments
- Not large enough for all users
8. Balance Board by Bintiva
The wide surface area of this board makes plenty of space for a variety of balance training exercises. You can also customize its height with an included adapter, making it one of the most versatile options available. Try this one out if you’re eager to get started but aren’t sure where to begin.
- Enlarged base for easy lower body training
- Adjustable difficulty level
- Well designed and stylish exterior
- Not for more intense lower core exercises
9. Balance & Stability Disc by jFit
The wobble base on this stability disc is smartly designed, with a comfortable grip and wide surface area. The added space lets you perform different sitting exercises, as well as the usual balancing workouts. This combination may be just what you need to gain the fitness advantage you were looking for.
- Great for yoga
- Included pump for simple refills
- Smaller base limits workout options
10. Wobble Cushion by Hemingweigh
This wobble cushion is an elegantly-crafted balancing disc for comfortable lower core exercises. A uniquely textured surface lets users improve muscle tone and posture without any added hassle, and it can even improve back pain!
- Non-skid balancing base
- Lifetime warranty
- May not be durable enough for heavier users
11. Balance Board by URBNFit
The URBNFit balancing board is a large and well-designed product for strengthening core muscles as well as your lower body. Its sturdy base makes for a safe workout for all ages, and will stand up to long-term use.
- Pliable body for all types of strength training
- Durable design ensures a long life
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Height cannot be adjusted
12. Fitness Cushion Disc by Wacces
This high-performance disc is designed to improve flexibility with its unique dual-textured surface. By adding this product to your workout arsenal, you’ll have no trouble performing a variety of different standing and sitting exercises.
- Polymeric material ensures durability
- Ideal for all types of sitting and standing exercises
- Base does not always secure properly
Making the Most of Your Balance Disc
Balance discs can offer a range of benefits when used correctly, however it is important to begin with a solid foundation or else risk causing harm to your body. Make sure to learn how to use your balance disk the right way by following these tips:
- Workout in 30 minute spurts
- Keep a sturdy railing or wall nearby to brace yourself
- Sitting exercises may be the safest place to start
- Perform a variety of exercises for a full workout
The best way to stay fit and motivated is to incorporate a range of different activities into your regular workout. Take a look at my list of best resistance bands for a few more options.
Benefits of Using a Wobble Cushion
Doctors and physiotherapists alike recommend balance exercise to improve core, ankle, and lower body strength. See what other benefits this unique type of workout can offer below.
Dynamic wobble board exercises help your neuromuscular system sync-up with your body to develop steady balance. This means a boost to athletics, fewer falls, and will be sure to put an extra spring in your step. This is a definite bonus for those with mobility issues.
Working specific muscle groups is the best and only way to protect them against unforeseen accidents. Physical therapists suggest wobble board training to help with ankle sprains or other lower body injuries, since these muscles are some of the hardest to bulk-up with traditional workouts.
Wobble board training goes beyond the physical, and can actually help improve your sense of focus and concentration. Maintaining equilibrium for long periods of time helps control sensory signals and refine lower-body motor function as you actively coordinate with core muscles. Over time, you can improve mental strength substantially by practicing slow and steady wobble techniques.
Bring the Best Balance Discs into Your Life
Choosing the best wobble cushion is anything but easy considering all of the options available today. However, getting your priorities straight is a good place to start. Whether that means improving core strength, focusing on balance, maximizing safety, or just having fun, there are plenty of different products to consider.