A back pillow for the car is essential for drivers who spend hours behind the wheel. However it can also be used by short-distance commuters, or anyone who wants a comfortable seat at their desk. Most back pillows have an ergonomic design that distributes weight evenly to remove pressure from your tailbone. Some designs have memory foam and gel pads that provide additional comfort. With a premium model, you can even get a heating and massaging feature that gives you a soothing experience throughout. Before making your choice, make sure to review the best options.
Best Back Pillows for Cars - Top 11
|1. Cordless Massage Pillow||Naipo||BEST PRICE|
|2. Lower Back Seat Cushion||Aylio||BEST PRICE|
|3. Memory Foam Back Cushion||Kingta||BEST PRICE|
|4. Heated Massage Pillow||Etekcity||BEST PRICE|
|5. Memory Foam Back Cushion||Everlasting Comfort||BEST PRICE|
|6. Lumbar Support Pillow||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|7. Lower Back Pain Cushion||SimplePosture||BEST PRICE|
|8. Memory Foam Lumbar Support Pillow||Vremi||BEST PRICE|
|9. Inflatable Lumbar Support Cushion||Vive||BEST PRICE|
|10. Memory Foam Back Cushion||LoveHome||BEST PRICE|
|11. Memory Foam Lumbar Cushion||Ziraki||BEST PRICE|
1. Cordless Massage Pillow by Naipo
The massage balls on Naipo’s back pillow rotate both clockwise and counterclockwise, allowing for a personalized massage. Furthermore, a heating function adds to the soothing effect while a memory foam layer ensures maximum comfort.
- Pillow massages your muscles
- Heat function available
- Cordless design
- Takes five hours to fully charge
2. Lower Back Seat Cushion by Aylio
This seat cushion reduces the pressure on your lower back by gently cradling your tailbone. Its curved surface is designed to follow the contours of your body and distribute weight evenly. This cushion only weighs one pound making it highly portable and great for travel.
- U-shaped design reduces pressure on your lower back
- Contours fit your body
- Ultra light–only weighs one pound
- Not suitable for surfaces that already contour to your body shape
3. Memory Foam Back Cushion by Kingta
Kingta’s back cushion is ergonomically designed to fit your body and keep your spine in place. Its high-density memory foam distributes the pressure from your back, relieving your pain. The cushion has adjustable straps to keep it in place. When its time for a wash, just unzip the hypoallergenic cover.
- Ergonomic design keeps your spine well-aligned
- Adjustable straps secure the cushion
- High density memory foam uniformly disperses stress from your back
- A bit too bulky to carry around
4. Heated Massage Pillow by Etekcity
This massage pillow can be used for your back, neck, thighs, or arms. Its eight rollers rotate bidirectionally with adjustable speeds. An optional heating function adds further comfort to your muscles while a twenty-minute auto shut-off feature helps avoid overuse. Additionally, the cushion has two highly elastic straps that secure it in place.
- Bidirectional massage balls with adjustable speed
- Has a water-resistant, breathable, double layer net
- Comes with a car adapter so you can charge it while driving
- Not well padded
5. Memory Foam Back Cushion by Everlasting Comfort
You can adjust the height of this cushion so it targets your upper, mid, or lower back–even use it to relax your neck muscles! The cushion fits smoothly to your back and a memory foam covering adds to the comfort. Additionally, a hypoallergenic mesh cover allows air to flow and ensures a drier and cooler experience.
- Hypoallergenic mesh cover
- Adjustable height
- Lifetime replacement guarantee
- A bit bulky when driving
6. Lumbar Support Pillow by Vive
Vive’s premium foam pillow is molded to fit your body perfectly. Its ergonomic design improves your posture and relieves your back pain. The pillow works with all types of seats and its compact shape makes it perfect for travel purposes.
- Contours to your body
- Machine washable cover
- Works with all types of seats
- Doesn’t have a breathable design
7. Lower Back Pain Cushion by SimplePosture
This lower back cushion provides gentle support while promoting healthy posture. It works with most chairs and its portable design allows you to carry it on the go. Two adjustable straps and an anti-slip cover ensure it stays in place. You also get two additional extension straps for a perfect fit on any type of seat.
- Breathable mesh prevents material from accumulating moisture
- Comes with two free extension straps
- Lifetime guarantee
- Some customers didn’t find it comfortable when driving
8. Memory Foam Lumbar Support Pillow by Vremi
Vremi’s foam pillow corrects your posture, promotes healthy spine alignment, and improves blood circulation. It’s large enough to support your back, yet small enough to carry around. Its adjustable straps make it usable with most type of seats and also comes with a breathable mesh cover that keeps the air circulating.
- Very high customer satisfaction
- Memory foam lumbar support
- Air-circulating material
- Doesn’t fit sway-back chairs
9. Inflatable Lumbar Support Cushion by Vive
Vive’s inflatable support cushion is quick and easy to set up. When you’re not using it, you can easily deflate it and store it in your handbag. This makes it perfect for travel purposes as it takes little space. The cushion is made from durable, tear resistant fabric that can withstand extensive use.
- Inflatable design
- Durable, tear-resistant construction
- 60-day money back guarantee
- A bit too small for back support
10. Memory Foam Back Cushion by LoveHome
LoveHome’s ergonomic cushion ensures you get a custom fit. Its durable memory foam provides gentle support and is suitable for long-term use. The fabric is made from a sweat-repelling, antibacterial, and breathable material and keeps you cool and fully supported throughout any long drive.
- Sweat repelling for a dry experience
- Made from antibacterial, hygienic fabric
- Cost-friendly option
- Only has a single strap which may cause it to move
11. Memory Foam Lumbar Cushion by Ziraki
Ziraki’s lumbar cushion has a soft and comfortable design that fits to your body curves. Its adjustable straps allow you to use it on almost any chair. When traveling, you can easily hold it using a convenient carry handle, or use the free carry bag that comes with your order. You also get a heat repelling, comfortable gel pad for optimum comfort.
- Comes with gel cooling pad
- Has a carry handle for ease of transport
- Comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Some customers mentioned the straps were weak
How to Choose a Back Pillow for Car Use
Below are some important features that will ensure you get the perfect pillow for your needs.
Back pillows come in different sizes. While some pillows support your entire back, others only support your upper, mid, or central back muscles. Additionally, check that the width of the pillow is suitable for your seat. This is particularly important if the sides of your seat edge outwards.
The best cushions are ergonomically designed to fit your body curves. When using such cushions though, check that the seat itself isn’t curved. Double curvature will likely lead to an uncomfortable seating position.
Ideally, you’ll want to choose a cushion that has an outer memory foam layer. This will reduce stiffness and provide maximum comfort. Additionally, check that the material is breathable. This will prevent moisture accumulation and will keep your pillow cooler and more hygienic.
If you want to travel with your pillow, check that it is compact or even inflatable. A handle is always a plus for easy carrying. If you intend to use it for driving, check that it has a slimmer design so it doesn’t push you off the chair.
Other Ways to Reduce Back Pain from Driving
In addition to investing in a back cushion, here are some other products that you may want to consider.
Massage rollers are great for stretching, massaging, and relieving pain from the larger muscles of your back. They are great to do as a warm up or after you complete your workouts.
Massage balls offer pain relief and allow you to target the smaller muscles of your back. This is ideal when you want to target specific areas or hard-to-reach pains. Compare the top massage balls and reduce your muscle pain easily.
Find the Best Back Pillows
If you spend long hours driving or sitting behind a desk, then a back pillow is a great way to invest in your health. Not only will it relieve stress from your back, but it’ll also improve your blood circulation and maintain correct posture. When buying a back pillow, make sure you get a comfortable design that fits your seat and matches your needs.